Hello everyone At a meeting we held with the Israeli Working Group on 29.4.18, we formulated the ideas that we discussed in previous meetings as a work plan for the development and evaluation of formative Assement
The formative evaluation method chosen is a combination of several ideas according to which the student and the lecturer are involved in choosing the pathways of the student on his way to the final goal / final assignment in the course
A kind of setting goals along the way that belong to a number of areas and abilities, and not just educational ones that test cognitive knowledge
In this thesis, a model must be constructed according to which the lecturer builds a road map embedded in "islands of goals" that include social abilities, collaborative work abilities, skills of emotional and social intelligence, and "soft skills".
The student will collect various tags along the "road map" according to the lecturer's definition and according to the abilities he demonstrated during the course of the work
1. The evaluation tool will focus on two central areas of emotional intelligence: interpersonal and personal skills (according to Bar-On, 1997), and group skills. It was decided not to focus on cognitive skills because there are evaluation tools in this context.
2. Each area will be divided into different skills which can be implemented in a variety of content.
3. Each skill can be given three types of Badge - in parallel to three medals in sport: bronze, silver and gold. Each type of Badge will express a different level of the skill: basic, intermediate, advanced. In order to be able to add skills to the evaluation, some Badges will be empty.
4. At the beginning of the course, the student will point out his starting level in each skill in the three areas; his goals of progressing at various skills. This model can be constructed as a staircase / a journey etc.
5. In the process, each student will collect Badges from three sources:
a. Self-esteem - Some Badges, will be given to the student by himself and include reflective explanation. The student can decide what are his targets and collect Badges according to his progress in achieving his goals.
b. Peer evaluation - The group will decide how to divide a bank of Badges among the students and to explain their decisions.
c. Evaluation of the Lecturer - We have not defined it yet. It is possible that the lecturer will give it on cognitive skills (according to Bloom's model) (??)
6. At the end of the course, each student is supposed to collect a number of Badges that will be defined by him in advance (in each area and in different skills)- some of personal evaluation and some of group assessment.
7. For the development of the evaluation tool we are required to develop a broad bank of skills in the three level for each area.